Saturday 5 December 2015

Mount TBR, 2016

My Mount To-Be-Read doesn't look so insurmountable until you realize that in 2015 I read 12 books, and I read 12 books in 2014 too.

In the light of those meager tallies the 15 books shown represent more than a year's reading. And these are just some of the books I've been sent and hope to read. I have on my shelves many unread fantasy books (purchased by my wife and sons), along with many unread non-fantasy books I'd like to read. Then there are all the fantasy books I would like to buy and read (the rest of the books by Robin Hobb, Brent Weeks, and Scott Lynch to name but a few).

And not many days go by in a row without someone on Facebook hitting me up with a 'hello' shortly followed by a request to read their new book.

So, I'm posting this in order to have something to point at when explaining why the odds of me reading the book of anyone in particular are slim.

(currently I'm reading:
 Curse of the Mist Wraith by Janny Wurts
 The English and their History by Robert Tombs
& The Graveyard Book (to Celyn) by Neil Gaiman )

(click for detail)


The Shattered Crown - Richard Ford
Legends 2 - Anthology supporting the Gemmell Awards
Captain Calico - George MacDonald Fraser
The Dark Thorn - Shawn Speakman
Tinkermage - Kenny Soward
Tower Lord - Anthony Ryan
World War Moo - Michael Logan
Those Below - Daniel Polansky
Fae, the Wild Hunt - Graham Austin King
Path of Gods - Snorri Kristjansson
Traitor's Blade - Sebastien de Castell
Unfettered - anthology
Blackguards - anthology
Irenicon - Aiden Harte
Ember in the Ashes - Sabaa Tahir

  


6 comments:

  1. This is a fine selection! If it were my TBR, I'd start with Ember to Ashes and Those Below. The only book I read from this pile is Fae: The Wild hunt, I highly recommend it and its sequel. The first book is great but the second one, Fae: The Realm of Twilight is totally badass with a lot of cool magic. Unfettered would by the next since I heard great things about it, I saw great reviews about Tower Lord too. The Legends sounds quite promising. The rest I haven't heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traitors Blade is the one! Don't bother with Tower Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Traitor's Blade is excellent. I'm interested to hear what you think of Ember in the Ashes, been meaning to get around to that one for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely some awesome books on this list, most of which I also want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've previously aimed for 24 or 26 books a year, but after failing for 2-3 years, I've dropped down to 12 for this year's aim, including two of Snorri's books and Traitor's Blade. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that as 'Snorri books' at first and thought, 'Wow, Jalan would be pissed off to hear The Red Queen's War trilogy called that!'

      Delete